Vacancy Announcement for Local Coordinator
Nepal Social Business (NSB) is joint initiatives of Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF) and Chaudhary Group (CG) which started in July 2014. The partnership was to address various social issues faced by the country through social business. Here Social Business was planned to develop through awareness, incubation and investment in the businesses. So far NSB has invested in 6 projects of Mid-western and Far western region.
We are now seeking for a local coordinator for Western Nepal who fulfills the criteria mentioned below.
- Financial Monitoring
- To supervise and ensure the entrepreneurs update the books such as Sales, Purchase, Bank, Debtors, Creditors, Supplier, Cash, Raw material Stock register, finished goods register and Fixed Asset Register every day
- To ensure Sales invoices are raised with correct amount, date, party name, PAN/VAT number etc. and also to ensure delivery challan (slip) is prepared before goods are taken from store.
- Maintain separate file for sales delivery challan and purchase delivery challan
- To ensure minimum 3 completive quotations are taken when procuring stock, equipment, stationeries etc.
- To ensure where 3 competitive quotes cannot be taken then the investee company has to make sure the goods are received.
- To ensure goods are received as per the Purchase invoices (VAT or PAN) and competitive quotes attached for future reference.
- To Supervise and ensure there is proper documentation/supporting while making payment if there is any discrepancies to bring it to the notice of NSB Manager
- To ensure stock taking (raw materials and finished goods) is done at the end of the month and report send to NSB Manager every month
- To ensure cost sheet is maintained every time finished goods are received in the store
- To ensure cash sales payments received by the company is deposited in the bank within 1 day.
- To ensure there is minimum credit sales, if credit sales is outstanding for more than 1 month then bring to the notice of NSB Manager
- Administrative/Human Resource Management
- To ensure HR Policy is followed in when hiring employee and maintain proper attendance and Leave records
- To ensure the entrepreneurs follow the Transportation policy
- To ensure the entrepreneurs follow the Authority Matrix and take approvals from the Project and NSB board as mentioned in the Matrix
- Operation and Reporting
- To ensure monthly financial report i.e. Sales, Expenditures, Debtors, Creditors, Stock details, Cash and Bank balance in sent within 10 days on end of Nepali month
- To make sure that the entrepreneurs are doing their business in moral and legal manner
- To assist and supervise entrepreneurs to plan for next activities and for smooth operation (especially in case of Dang Hosiery)
- To follow up for planned activities/ milestone and providing feedbacks
- To inform NSB Manager about the real status of the projects
- To assist the entrepreneurs for data collection and documentation as per the requirement
- Guide/assist entrepreneurs on legal/ government issues
- To advise the entrepreneurs on solving any kinds of problem
Reporting: The local coordinator will be reporting to NSB Manager at CG Sanepa once every week and provide a detailed report of progress once every month within first week of new month. However, if required the local coordinator can and will report to the NSB Manager if any specific issues come up.
- Should have at least an undergraduate degree (Master degree is preferred) in social science or management.
- Should have good communication skills
- Should be socially motivated
- Should be good in Nepali and English speaking and writing
- Should have leadership quality
- Should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in field work of private sector or not-for-profit sector. Priority will be given to someone who has experience of running a business
- Should have IT skills needed for a fluent email communication, MS word, MS excel.
- Should be open to travel to remote districts of the country as required.
Duration of the assignment:
The duration of the assignment is for 6 months starting from 27 April, 2017 till 27 October, 2017. However, the contract period could be extended as per the need of the project.
The selected individual shall be required to stay at Dang district and will be stationed at Dang Hosiery Office – Tulsipur GA Line, during the period of the assignment. S/he will have to dedicate at least 10-12 days for Dang Hosiery. Rest the selected individual will have to travel to all entrepreneurs in respective district – Bageswori Multipurpose Farm in Kotmaula, Salyan; Mahalaxmi Jhola in Tikapur, Kailali and Ajaymeru Bhadabartan in Amargadhi, Dadeldhura for project monitoring.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications will be received until April 30, 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for selection process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained
Women and candidates from socially disadvantaged, minority, and indigenous communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Participants of a meeting held on 2nd April in order to form Network for Social Business in Nepal coordinated by Siddhartha Inc. Mr. Tom Marshall, CEO of Siddhartha Inc., Mr. Binod Chaudhary, President of Chaudhary Group, Mr. Nirvana Chaudhary, CEO of Nepal Social Business and representatives from more than 25 organizations who are working for the promotion of Social Business in Nepal had attended the program.
NSB and IEDI to work in partnership for the promotion of social business
Kathmandu, 15 Feb 2015
Nepal Social Business (NSB) and Industrial Entreprise Development Institute (IEDI) are agreed to work on partnership for the promotion of social business in Nepal.
They have signed on Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in a formal ceremoney held at Chaudhary House Sanepa on Sunday. Nirvana Chaudhary, Chief Executive Officer of CG NSB and Laxman Bhattarai, Executive Director of IEDI signed on MoU.
CEO of CG NSB Chaudhary expressed this partnership has been great acievement for us to promote social business in Nepal. He said this partnership will add more strength to this initiative which CG has started in year 2012. Executive Director of IEDI Bhattarai said they will incorporate social business session in all the upcoming enterprise development trainings form them. As well as he believes even the trainees from their institute will benefit from this partnership. Investment from NSB will definitely support those enthusiastic trained entrepreneurs who would don’t have access to finance and help address social issues through these enterprises. Rajan Lamsal, Past District Governor of Lions Club International 325 B 1 told that Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF) is satisfied with the partnership between CG NSB and LCIF. “So, this new partnership with IEDI can be new dimension for the promotion of social business in Nepal”-he said.
NSB tries to groom non business individuals to social business experts by providing training, mentoring and expert consultation. Finally, entrepreneurs are provided fund to execute the business after assessing their business plan whether the project can create enough positive impact or not. NSB has been motivating the potential entrepreneurs to execute business which creats positive social impact by providing debt without interest and colateral. Industrial Enterprise Development Institute (IEDI) is a national level autonomous organization which was established in 2053 B.S. under Industrial Entreprises Development Act-2053 has been active for entreprises development and small business management providing training to entrepreneurs, research and study in this field. Now, with this partnership, IEDI will contribute for incubation program conducted by NSB. IEDI will provide it’s trained human resources for the training during incubation as a contribution for this partnership. As well as IEDI will work together for development of social businesses in Nepal.